Monday, July 21, 2008

About Winnie Lau


Name : Lau Wai Nee


Nickname : Winnie


Town : Ipoh, Perak


Date of Birth : 13 September 1986


Horoscope : Virgo


Marital Status : In a relationship


Hobbies : Singing, Teaching, Completing SODOKU, Traveling, Drawing


Activities In Secondary School:

-Assistant Editor of school magazine (SMJK Yuk Choy)

-Treasurer of Chinese Language Society

-Captain of Yellow House

-Committee of Girl Guide


Working Experiences:

-Tutor, Pusat Bimbingan Pelangi, Ipoh (May-July 2008)

-Convincing Clerk, Rusnah Loh & Ng, Ipoh (April 2006-June 2006)

-Front Office Assistant, First World Hotel (December 2005-April 2006)

-Private Tuition Teacher (2004-2005)

-Tuition Teacher, Pusat Prestasi Maju (2003)


What have I done during these 2 years in university?

During these 2 years in Northern University, I joined actively in Acad U, a society under Soka Gakkai Malaysia (SGM). SGM is a Buddhist association that promotes peace, culture and education through personal change and social contribution. For more information, please log on to http://www.sgm.org.my/.

I gained a lot of experiences in this society. In the past 2 years, I take part in two exhibitions which held in this university. One of them is ‘Gandhi, King and Ikeda’ exhibition. I took part as narrator in this exhibition. My responsibility is to explain to people about this three prominent peace maker. Another one which held on last year is the ‘Transforming the Human Spirit: From the Culture of Violent to The Culture of Peace’ exhibition. I handled a few parts in this exhibition, from planning, preparation until the implementation of this exhibition. For instances, the people-in-charge of PA system, narrator and also tour guide.

I joined those activities, hoping that I would learn something new from there and thus these knowledge would be my valuable assets to succeed in my life.

No comments: